Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cleveland... Oh my!

Yesterday's drive was a bit of a mess I have to say.  Not the trip itself, but of the things I wanted to see did not exactly go as planned.  I drove from a small town called Dunkirk, NY to the first stop of the day Cleveland and pit stopped for a few hours at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  I have to say it was pretty cool to go through each of the exhibits.  I wish I had tried to sneak a few pictures with my phone of some of the items on display.  I will confess seeing some of the old guitars used by some of my fave rock groups was pretty cool.  I think the Elvis and Hendrix exhibits were my favorite of the day, and even though I'm not really much of a Michael Jackson fan it was definitely something seeing his old sequined glove and various outfits on display.

After leaving the museum I took a short walk around the area to check out Great Lakes Science Center and the Cleveland Brown's Stadium.  I didn't stay long but there was a piece of art work over by the Browns stadium that I couldn't leave without getting a picture of. It was a beautiful piece in honor and memory of the firefighters of Cleveland.

Once I finished my rounds I had one last stop to make before I could drive on.  I was looking forward to hitting the next museum, but come to find out it's not open on Monday-Tuesday during the summer.  SAY WHAT? Yeah I was totally bummed. But I was at least able to get pictures.  Oh yes, that is exactly that you think it is. 




More to come soon.  Next city to blog will be Chicago. 



Total Miles Traveled To Date: 941 miles
States Driven: Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana
Current State: Illinois
States Coming Up: Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California

2 comments:

  1. There's a (actually several) breakfast place in Chicago called Ann Sather- there's one in Andersonville :) (corner of Clark and Foster) and one on Belmont, just west of Clark. The cinnamon rolls bring tears to one's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i had checked the comments before i left chicago. i'll keep that in mind if i ever find myself back there. thanks!

    ReplyDelete