Friday, July 9, 2010

South Dakota

Due to technical difficulties with internet at currently location in South Dakota I will not be able to post a full blog.  I have been without cell services for the last 12 hours and the free wifi is so spotty I'll be lucky if I can even get this posted.  I'm hoping to find better service at some point today so I can post a full update as yesterday was pretty full of some very cool things. 

Yesterday I drove through most of South Dakota.  The first cool scenic viewpoint was just before crossing the Missouri River.  After entering SD and driving for several hours I stopped at 1880 Town to do a quick walk-thru of the props and set piece they have on display from Dances with Wolves. With that being my second Costner set I've stopped at I'm starting to feel like I'm stalking just his films.  The next stop was a drive through the Badlands loop.  I've gotta say, that place is very cool.  It took about an hour but the view was unlike anything I've ever seen.  I was pretty excited about it.  Last stop for the day was Mt Rushmore.  When I was finally driving up to see the monument, and when I first saw the full thing, it literally took my breath away.  It is definitely "one of those" places.  I spent a few hours just hanging around up there and watched the lighting ceremony.

Unfortunately that is all I have time to say for right now.  I will try to get some more stuff up later if I can find some better service.

1 comment: