Monday, July 5, 2010

Niagara and beyond

So I got off to a bit of a late start this morning but once I was finally out on the road I was rocking n' rolling.  I got a little too into my music and got a few looks from several other drivers as I blared Aerosmith and Journey with the windows down long before 9am this morning.  On top of the music I took advantage of a few opportunities to get some roadside footage via a flipcam since it was a little easier to have running and quickly turn off with no real distractions to the driving and I'm excited to put together a little something to share with you all but it will have to wait a few nights as I'm beginning to run low on energy tonight.

For the time being I'm still in NY state.  I had no idea it was such a large state.  I thought i would have at least been able to reach the PA state line before needing to find a place to crash for the night, but I was not so lucky.  I still have at least 1.5 hours before I cross that line tomorrow morning, but I will get there.  Other than my surprise for the size of NY, I have managed to get a lot done today. 

I reached Niagara Falls round 1:30pm and went on a 5 hour guided tour of the falls.  With the insane heat today I was very happy to have been able to catch a ride on the Maid of the Mist and get drenched by the historic falls.  It was quite refreshing, but for the lakes that feed into the falls being fresh water I will say that the water felt a little salty.  I struggled to see everything through my water covered glasses, and gave up before the boat reached the horseshoe fall.  I actually relied on my new favorite toy to get as many images saved and will say that my new toy was well worth the investment.  If anyone is interested in a new digital camera I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at the Sony Cyber-Shot.  It gives some amazing pictures and the panoramic feature and options within the feature give you the freedom to create and capture some unusual pictures (if you take the time to be a bit patient of course).  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from today's trip.

I will post more pictures and some of the videos I took in the next few days when I have a little more down time.  For now it is off to sleep before another early morning of driving.

Day 1 Mileage: 441 miles
Sights Seen: Niagara Falls

Cities for Day 2: Cleveland and Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment