Monday, July 5, 2010

Out on the Open Road

For the last few days I have been trying to prep and pack for a cross country trip.  Now that it is the day to hit the road I feel like I'm not quite ready.  Of course the local coffee shop is not open this early in the morning so there's not much to help me get out of the morning funk until I'm able to find somewhere to get some joe, but once I do I have a feeling that the morning is going to turn around.  Until then I will just have to move slowly towards my westward direction.

At 4:30am I am still trying to pull everything together for my 5am departure time.  Even though I'm not awake yet by any means I'm excited to get out on the road.  I'm not taking much on the cross country adventure, but still feel like I just might be taking more than I need which always seems to be the case with me.  I think the only thing I feel like I'm really missing is being able to somehow bring my friends and family on the trip with me, so I'm going to do my best and make up for it right here by blogging as often as possible.  This will be the true test of AT&T and its service through the northern states as I'm sure there will be times I will be adding posts via an iPhone app.  But for now I must be getting my butt in gear and finish loading everything into my car including a few essentials I set aside to keep my entertained on the journey.

MUSIC ESSENTIALS:
  • Green Day's American Idiot soundtrack
  • American Idiot
  • 21st Century Breakdown
  • Addam's Family on broadway soundtrack
  • Journey
  • Cyndi Lauper
  • The Runaways soundtrack
  • sounds of Bollywood
  • Silverstein
  • Aerosmith
  • The Police
  • Will Smith
  • misc. soundtracks

BOOK ESSENTIALS:
  • Shiver (in prep for Linger)
  • Ballard
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • Fallen
  • hush, hush
  • Hearts at Stake
  • Tantalize
  • Braced to Bite
  • Tanya Huff's Blood Book vol. 1
  • Family Secrets (to finally complete revision)


GEAR ESSENTIALS:
  • MacBook 
  • iPhone
  • Sony Cyber-shot (which I can't wait to use)
  • Canon HDV cam 
  • FlipCam
  • Final Cut


Now that I have all the essentials ready to go I must go load the car and find the nearest open coffee shop.  Until I write again...


Tenative itiniary for the day:
Starting point: Central Mass
First Sightseeing Stop: 361 miles
Possible Final Stop for the Day: 224 miles
Total Possible Miles Traveled for the Day: 585 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment